Information on the ZTL of Florence for tourists and residents, with the map of the limited traffic area, access times, permits and parking lots.
The restricted traffic area of the Tuscan capital covers the entire area of the historic center and is divided into five different sectors, within which access, circulation and parking are regulated by specific rules. The ZTL is ‘monitored’ by a series of telematic gates that automatically detect the number plates of all vehicles passing through it.
FLORENCE ZTL OF THE HISTORICAL CENTER: SECTOR MAP Inaugurated even in 1990, the ZTL of Florence extends for about 4 square kilometers out of the 48 of the inhabited center. As mentioned, it consists of five sectors, each of which is marked with a letter.
– Sector A is the heart of the historic center and also includes the central market area of San Lorenzo up to piazza dell’Unità and piazza di Santa Maria Novella.
– Sector B corresponds to the internal area of the perimeter that ideally unites piazza Vittorio Veneto, piazza Piave and piazza della Libertà, passing through piazza Beccaria and piazzale Donatello, viale Lavagnini, viale Strozzi and viale F.lli Rosselli.
– Sector O includes the streets of the Oltrarno inside the area bounded by the perimeter between via Sant’Onofrio, piazza della Calza and piazza dei Mozzi.
– Sector F corresponds to the area from San Niccolò to Viale dei Colli (starting from Piazza Ferrucci).
– Finally, sector G concerns the area between piazza Piave and piazza Cavalleggeri.
ZTL OF FLORENCE: TIMETABLE
The ZTL of Florence, in sectors A, B and O, is active all year round, on weekdays, with the following times: from Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 8:00 pm and on Saturday from 7:30 am at 16:00.
From the first Thursday in April to the first Sunday in October, the summer night ZTL is active, extended to all sectors (A, B, O, F and G) also on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights at the following times:
– sectors A, B and O: from 11.00 pm on Thursday to 3.00 am on Friday; from 8.00 pm on Friday to 3.00 am on Saturday; from 4.00 pm on Saturday to 3.00 am on Sunday. Therefore, in these sectors, on Fridays and Saturdays the Ztl is continuously active from 7:30 am to 3:00 am the following day.
– sectors F and G: every Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 11.00 pm to 3.00 am.
ZTL FLORENCE: PERMITS
During the times of validity of the Florence LTZ, the entry, circulation and parking of unauthorized vehicles are prohibited. On the other hand, electrically-powered vehicles (subject to inclusion in the ‘White List’), two-wheeled mopeds and motorcycles can freely access. Residents and domiciled in the Ztl, those who provide assistance in the Ztl (for the disabled, the elderly, etc.), those who work in the Ztl, the customers of accommodation activities, garages and car rental, the disabled, can also ask for a regular access permit. pregnant women, families with children up to 2 years, those who provide public services and numerous other categories (more information here).
ATTENTION: Euro 1 petrol and Euro 1, 2, 3 and 4 diesel mopeds, motorcycles and cars can never circulate in Ztl (limited to diesel Euro 3 and 4 until 30 September 2022 there is a derogation for residents and other categories ).